Sunday, 20 June 2010

5 favourite body moisturisers

There's nothing more I hate than crusty, dry, white, flaky skin....eek, the thought makes me cringe! I moisturise everyday after I've come out the shower as it soaks up the cream better. These 5 are the best I've come across so far and believe me I've tried ALOT! I need a cream that absorbs, moisturises,(obviously), lasts all day and smells gorgeousssss!
  • Body Shop Moringa Body Butter - Normal/ Dry skin. This cream has a lovely floral scent that lasts all day! Its quite a strong scent as I even sniffed it on my cousin on a night out! I loveeee the flavours/ scents available at the Body Shop and have collected a few of them (the mango one is close to edible too). Warning: You may be in two minds either to put it on your skin or in your mouth...(the latter is not recommended).
  • Derma intensive Premium Coconut Body Butter. This is obviously taken inspiration form the Body Shop butters and surprisingly the quality is good. I was expecting a crap version of the Body shop one but it's quite good! (And 1/4 of the price). I bought this one from Asda.
  • As a massive, humongous fan of Lush, I have to include the one, the only, Dream Cream! This stuff its amazinggggg! I've been through about 3/4 pots of this stuff and works really well on normal but also damaged/ skin allergies. I used it on my brother who's allergic to latex gloves and came out in a nasty rash, put this stuff on and it died down within a day! It smells very lavendery/ chamoliey but I like it. As Lollipop mentioned http://www.lollipop26writes.com/2010/05/lush-is-lush.html, you might find it better to use as night than day as its quite thick.
  • Jergens naturals - this moisturiser is 96% natural and so is a big hit with me. I love organic products as I find they work better with my stupidly sensitive skin. Ive tried the Total Nourishment one (well actually the bf's as I've got him hooked on Jergens too) but I love the smell of this one - fresh and zingy!
  • And finally good ol' Johnsons baby oil! Use this stuff if you've got really reallly dry skin. Always use it after a shower when your skin is wet to maximise benefits. I also find its good to use as a shaving lotion if I'm in a hurry too. Works great as a massage oil too;) (get someone lovely and gorgeous looking to do it for you)!

No comments:

Post a Comment